Hello friends !
I’m so behind on blog posts, its not even worth talking about. But here I am . So lets jump right into it.
What is live painting or live sketching ?
You may have seen it at a few weddings and if you haven’t , here’s something to consider , if you are getting married . If you aren’t , you might know someone who is and is probably considering adding unique elements to their big day .
When an artist is hired to paint live at a wedding or any social event , it is called live painting. The idea is for the artist to capture the event on a canvas – at the event, through an artistic lens. It’s a beautiful way to commemorate the occasion on a painting.
It gives you a direct glimpse into the work process, thought process and actual working style of an artist. You can certainly let the artist know what exactly it is that you want painted on the canvas . It could be a certain part of a ceremony – something that is very important in a culture . For Hindu weddings, couples/ families revere the pheras as a sanctimonious tradition among others. For Christian weddings, it’s could be the vows . For receptions , it could be the first dance .
It’s what you want .
While the artist will capture the exact moment you’ve requested for, live painting enables the artist to have a free reign on the actual painting. You want an artist to have that ability to bring his/ her best work to the table . They’ll capture the ambience of the event , subtle occurrences that add a touch of whimsy to the painting.
Five things to know about live painting :
- Every artist has their own way of working . You can expect them to arrive and set up at the event and few hours ahead of the event and start painting in the venue , setting etc.
- as the event unfolds , you’ll see the artist add in more details. Guests can watch the painting evolve during the event . You’ll see how the artist works his/ her way through the painting and adds layers that you always wondered about.
- its a great way to entertain your guests , and once the artist is done with the painting, you get to take the painting home .
- A painting is a very special commemoration of the event . You’ll have your photography + Videography team working hard to capture your special day . You can also add to those memories with a painting as a keepsake – a family heirloom .
- You don’t need a live painting or a painting for that matter .You WANT a live painting 😉